flier designed by Natalie Rae Good
Saturday, April 27th 10am-7pm @ Gowanus Ballroom (55 9th Street in Brooklyn)!
FREE TO THE PUBLIC (WITH SUGGESTED DONATION OF $10)
• Japanese Bookbinding
• Make Your Own Ricotta
• Indian cooking - Classic curries
• Knitting 101: fingerless gloves in the round
• Japanese Shibori dying techniques
• How to order wine in a restaurant
• Double Dutch
• Xerox Print Transfer
• Body Image & Your Mood
• Single sheet, pamphlet style book layout
• 596 Acres: How to Reclaim vacant public land
• Beer Styles and Flavors
• Get that Paper: how to overhaul your resume and portfolio
• Basics of Lacto-Fermentation: learn how to make sauerkraut & other fermented veggies
• Intro to Juggling
• Poetry for Kids
• Worm Composting
• Bike Mechanics 101
> > > class descriptions here < < <
Classes will be offered in 1-hour blocks, with three classes per block. You will be able to attend up to 6 classes throughout the day. No pre-registration necessary, just show up!
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/257299014405216/
AFTER PARTY FROM 7-10PM SPONSORED BY BITTER & ESTERS and music by DJ Polkadot (spinning old 45s & 78s)!
First 100 folks that come and make a $10 donation get a free BKSS koozie!
Saturday, April 13, 2013, 2:00pm until 4:00pm @ Brooklyn Navy Yard’s BLDG 92, followed by a(n optiontional) group ride!
Brooklyn Skillshare & Friends would like to help build your riding confidence in an urban setting! **FREE TO THE PUBLIC**
In anticipation of NYC’s first-ever bike share program as well as yet another round of increased subway fare, there’s never been a better time to brush up on your commuter skills and get on a bike! Also come and learn about various biking groups and advocacies (like Recycle-A-Bicycle, Transportration Alternatives, and WE Bike) in the city and how you can get involved.
Class topics will include:
- Seasoned Cyclists tell why they ride and their own personal ethos/etiquette
- Overview of “Biking Rules”
- Flat Fix 101
- Best way to lock a bike
- Tips & Tricks
- Plotting a route
Class will end with an hour-long group ride up the Kent Avenue Greenway and back ending at Red Lantern Bicycles for celebratory libations! This event is open to new and seasoned cyclists alike—bring your friends! There is plenty of bike parking inside the gate at BLDG 92.